Mindset is the #1 predictor of success. The conversations that you have with yourself that play a major role in determining your growth. And thinking that you can't do something can become a self-fulfilling prophecy that prevents you from acting and making the decisions you need to live your best life. The good news is that there is good news!
Why it Matters:
You can change your habits, beliefs, and transform the way you think. When you do, you'll be able to look at the world with a new perspective, and that alone can empower you to become the person you know you can be. Pay attention this week to the thought loops that play in your head and try to be more conscientious about what you tell yourself. This small change will help you cultivate a more positive mindset in 2021.
Did you know...
- Negative emotions may weaken your immune response.
- Positive thinking can help you more effectively manage stress and contribute to improving your overall health.
- A positive outlook has been attributed to a 30% decrease in the likelihood of one day experiencing a cardiovascular event.
Cultivating a positive mindset isn't just a lackadaisical, “granola” way to approach life. New research on the mind-body connection has shown us that our mental health impacts much of our physical health, and a positive mindset can lead to improvements in your overall health and well-being. Speaking of that mind-body connection, if you have a health challenge or some other aches and pains that are weighing on your mind, let us know. We’re here to help!
- Positive thinking: Stop Negative Self-Talk to Reduce Stress. Mayo Clinic. 2020.
- The Power of Positive Thinking. Johns Hopkins Medicine. 2020.
Dr AustinContact Me